Monday, January 3, 2011

Bay-gels

Dear Mom,

Yesterday afternoon I took your advice and made homemade bagels.  The dough rose quickly, puffing into perfect circles, and I did my best to master bagel rolling - not as simple as I hoped!

Despite their not-so-perfect shape, I believe they turned out fantastically, and Kristian and I quickly set about making them into sandwiches for dinner - complete with swiss cheese and sun-dried tomatoes.

Yum yum.

This morning I woke up to the sun shining brightly through the bay window.

Photobucket


So, I hurried to the kitchen to top a slice of bagel with avocado, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes.

Photobucket


Because a perfect morning deserves the perfect breakfast, don't you think?

Love,

Alex

PS It's been less than 24 hours since I made eight bagels, and six are already missing.  I wonder where they've all gone?!

1 comment: